Please wait while we load the requested 10-Q report or click the link below:
Theragenics® Reports Revenue & Earnings for First Quarter 2012
Quarterly Revenue Ever
Revenue up 7% and Net Earnings Doubles vs. 2011
BUFORD, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 10, 2012--Theragenics Corporation (NYSE: TGX), a medical device company serving the surgical products and prostate cancer treatment markets, today announced consolidated financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012.
Consolidated revenue of $21.6 million up 7% over Q1 2011
- Both segments contributed to revenue growth, with Surgical Products up 8% and Brachytherapy up 6%
Consolidated operating income of $1.6 million up 78% over Q1 2011
- Both segments were profitable, with operating income in Surgical Products of $199,000 and in Brachytherapy of $1.4 million
- Earnings per share of $0.03 vs. $0.01 in Q1 2011
- Adjusted EBITDA of $3.8 million vs. $2.8 million in Q1 2011
Results from Q1 2011 included pre-tax special charges totaling
$474,000 (detailed in Table V)
- Pre-tax special charges in Q1 2011 comprised of $183,000 in Surgical Products and $291,000 in Brachytherapy
- No special charges were incurred in Q1 2012
- At March 31, 2012, cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities were $38.3 million, credit facility borrowings were $22.8 million, resulting in a net positive position of $15.5 million
- Cash flow from operations was $2.4 million in Q1 2012 compared to $287,000 in Q1 2011
- $4.1 million of cash was used in Q1 2012 for the closing of the Core transaction. Another $5.2 million is expected to be used over the next 18 months for remaining payments on this earn-out based asset acquisition.
- $329,000 of capital expenditures in Q1 2012
- $834,000 of principal payments made on term loan in Q1 2012. Remaining term loan outstanding of $833,000 is due in Q2 2012
The following information was filed by Theragenics Corp (TGX) on Thursday, May 10, 2012 as an 8K 2.02 statement, which is an earnings press release pertaining to results of operations and financial condition. It may be helpful to assess the quality of management by comparing the information in the press release to the information in the accompanying 10-Q Quarterly Report statement of earnings and operation as management may choose to highlight particular information in the press release.
View differences made from one quarter to another to evaluate Theragenics Corp's financial trajectory
Compare this 10-Q Quarterly Report to its predecessor by reading our highlights to see what text and tables were
removed , and by Theragenics Corp.