Please wait while we load the requested 10-K report or click the link below:
Theragenics® Reports Revenue & Earnings for Fourth Quarter & Year-End 2011
Acquisition of Core Oncology Customer Base Expands Brachy Market Presence
BUFORD, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--February 23, 2012--Theragenics Corporation (NYSE: TGX), a medical device company serving the surgical products and prostate cancer treatment markets, today announced consolidated financial results for the fourth quarter and year-ended December 31, 2011.
- $19.9 million for the fourth quarter, down 4% from 2010
- $82.7 million for the year, up 1% over 2010
- Surgical products revenue down 5% in fourth quarter vs. 2010 and up 1% for year
- Brachytherapy revenue up 1% in fourth quarter vs. 2010 and up 1% for year
Earnings per share
- $0.01 in the fourth quarter of 2011 vs. $0.01 in 2010
- $0.09 for 2011 vs. $0.06 in 2010
- $2.6 million in the fourth quarter of 2011 vs. $2.4 million in 2010
- $13.5 million for 2011 vs. $11.6 million for 2010
- At December 31, 2011, cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities were $41.2 million, credit facility borrowings were $23.7 million, resulting in a net positive position of $17.5 million
Acquisition of Core Oncology’s prostate brachytherapy customer base on
February 17, 2012 is expected to substantially increase the Company’s
share of the iodine-125 segment of the brachy market
- $5 million to $6 million of incremental revenue expected in brachytherapy segment for remaining portion of calendar 2012
- Expected to be accretive to earnings and generate positive operating cash flow in 2012
- Total earn-out based purchase price is expected to be approximately $7.5 million to $10.5 million, which is based on anticipated revenue in the earn-out period of $10 million to $13 million from the acquired customers, in excess of a $2.5 million threshold amount.
The following information was filed by Theragenics Corp (TGX) on Thursday, February 23, 2012 as an 8K 2.02 statement, which is an earnings press release pertaining to results of operations and financial condition. It may be helpful to assess the quality of management by comparing the information in the press release to the information in the accompanying 10-K Annual Report statement of earnings and operation as management may choose to highlight particular information in the press release.
View differences made from one year to another to evaluate Theragenics Corp's financial trajectory
Compare this 10-K Annual Report to its predecessor by reading our highlights to see what text and tables were
removed , and by Theragenics Corp.