Please wait while we load the requested 10-K report or click the link below:
Theragenics® Reports Record Revenue with 2009 Results
$78.3 Million is Highest Annual Revenue in 29-Year History
Pro forma Organic Growth of 10% in Surgical Products Segment for 2009
Supply and Reseller Agreement with Core Oncology adds to Momentum for 2010
BUFORD, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--February 11, 2010--Theragenics Corporation (NYSE: TGX), a medical device company serving the surgical products and prostate cancer treatment markets, today announced consolidated financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2009. Consolidated results include the results of NeedleTech Products, Inc. (“NeedleTech”) subsequent to its acquisition by Theragenics on July 28, 2008. The terms "Company", "we", "us", or "our" mean Theragenics Corporation and all entities included in our consolidated financial statements.
- Recorded consolidated revenue of $18.7 million in the fourth quarter and $78.3 million for the full year.
- Achieved 17% organic revenue growth in our surgical products business for the fourth quarter and 10% pro forma organic growth for the year, compared to 2008.
- EPS for the quarter was $0.01, compared to a loss of $1.89 per share in 2008. Excluding 2008 impairment charges, EPS was $0.01 in the fourth quarter of 2008.
- EPS for the year was $0.09, compared to a loss of $1.77 per share in 2008. Excluding 2008 impairment charges, EPS was $0.13 for 2008.
- Completed the year with cash and cash equivalent of $45.3 million and outstanding borrowings under our credit agreement of $30.3 million for a net positive cash position of $15.0 million.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $13.1 million and cash flow from operations was $11.6 million for 2009.
- In early 2010, we announced a supply and reseller agreement with Core Oncology for our brachytherapy segment. Core is a recognized leader in the brachytherapy industry. We expect Core to represent at least 10% of our brachytherapy segment revenue in 2010.
- Research and Development (“R&D”) expenses increased $860,000 over 2008. This reflects investments to support future growth in the surgical products segment, a strategic initiative that was launched in late 2008.
- Continued our initiative to update and standardize our information technology (“IT”) systems and infrastructure across all of our businesses.
- Purchased a larger facility for increased capacity in our specialty needle manufacturing. We expect to complete improvements and move to this new facility in 2010.
- Capital expenditures were $5.0 million in 2009, reflecting our investments in manufacturing capacity for our surgical products business and in corporate wide IT.
The following information was filed by Theragenics Corp (TGX) on Thursday, February 11, 2010 as an 8K 2.02 statement, which is an earnings press release pertaining to results of operations and financial condition. It may be helpful to assess the quality of management by comparing the information in the press release to the information in the accompanying 10-K Annual Report statement of earnings and operation as management may choose to highlight particular information in the press release.
View differences made from one year to another to evaluate Theragenics Corp's financial trajectory
Compare this 10-K Annual Report to its predecessor by reading our highlights to see what text and tables were
removed , and by Theragenics Corp.