Please wait while we load the requested 10-K report or click the link below:
Theragenics® Reports Record Revenue with 2008 Results
$67.4 Million is Highest Revenue in Theragenics’ 28-Year History
BUFORD, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--February 19, 2009--Theragenics Corporation (NYSE: TGX), a medical device company serving the surgical products and prostate cancer treatment markets, today announced consolidated financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2008. Consolidated results include the results of NeedleTech Products, Inc. (“NeedleTech”) subsequent to its acquisition by Theragenics on July 28, 2008.
- Revenue of $67.4 million is the highest annual revenue in the Company’s history.
- Completed acquisition of NeedleTech in July.
- Amended credit agreement in July supporting the acquisition of NeedleTech in a difficult credit environment.
- Completed the year with cash and marketable securities of $40.6 million and outstanding borrowings under credit agreement of $32.0 million, for a net positive cash position of $8.6 million.
- Recorded non-cash impairment charges of $62.9 million, net of tax. Primarily triggered by decline in share price. Impairment charge does not affect liquidity, cash flows or future operations, and has no effect on the Company’s credit agreement or the Company’s compliance with the financial covenants under the credit agreement. This impairment charge was previously announced by the Company on February 11, 2009.
- Implemented research and development program in third quarter to support growth and diversification within surgical products segment.
- Introduced four new product extensions in the surgical products segment in the fourth quarter.
- Led the effort resulting in the extension of Medicare’s “pass through” reimbursement for brachytherapy seeds, avoiding the imposition of a more negative reimbursement environment in 2008 and 2009.
- Completed the sale of the Oak Ridge building. Will result in current tax savings of $4.7 million and eliminate $500,000 of annual carrying costs.
- Generated EBITDA excluding special items of $13.9 million.
- Generated cash flows from operations of $12.2 million.
The following information was filed by Theragenics Corp (TGX) on Thursday, February 19, 2009 as an 8K 2.02 statement, which is an earnings press release pertaining to results of operations and financial condition. It may be helpful to assess the quality of management by comparing the information in the press release to the information in the accompanying 10-K Annual Report statement of earnings and operation as management may choose to highlight particular information in the press release.
View differences made from one year to another to evaluate Theragenics Corp's financial trajectory
Compare this 10-K Annual Report to its predecessor by reading our highlights to see what text and tables were
removed , and by Theragenics Corp.