Please wait while we load the requested 10-K report or click the link below:
Papa John’s Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2012 Results
2013 Operating Assumptions and Earnings Guidance Announced
LOUISVILLE, Ky.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--February 26, 2013--Papa John’s International, Inc. (NASDAQ: PZZA)today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 30, 2012.
- System-wide comparable sales increased 5.2% for North America and 7.0% for International for the fourth quarter; System-wide comparable sales increased 3.6% for North America and 7.1% for International for the full year
- Earnings per diluted share of $0.74 for the fourth quarter, an increase of 13.8% over restated earnings per diluted share of $0.65 for 2011; Earnings per diluted share of $2.58 for the full year, an increase of 19.4% over restated earnings per diluted share of $2.16 for 2011
- Earnings per diluted share includes an $0.11 benefit from a 53rd week of operations for both the fourth quarter and the full year
- Global net restaurant openings included 134 restaurants for the fourth quarter and 280 restaurants for the full year
- Share repurchase authorization increased by $50 million in December 2012 and an additional $50 million in February 2013
“We are very pleased with our 2012 results, highlighted by our ninth consecutive year of even or positive comparable sales growth,” said Papa John's founder, chairman and chief executive officer, John Schnatter. “Growing EPS by almost 20% and expanding our global footprint in a very competitive environment is not only a testament to the strength of our system but to the power of our brand.”
Fourth quarter 2012 revenues were $367.3 million, a 19.9% increase from fourth quarter 2011 revenues of $306.2 million. Fourth quarter 2012 net income was $17.4 million compared to restated fourth quarter 2011 net income of $15.9 million. Fourth quarter 2012 diluted earnings per share were $.74, compared to restated fourth quarter 2011 diluted earnings per share of $.65.
The following information was filed by Papa Johns International Inc (PZZA) on Wednesday, February 27, 2013 as an 8K 2.02 statement, which is an earnings press release pertaining to results of operations and financial condition. It may be helpful to assess the quality of management by comparing the information in the press release to the information in the accompanying 10-K Annual Report statement of earnings and operation as management may choose to highlight particular information in the press release.
View differences made from one year to another to evaluate Papa Johns International Inc's financial trajectory
Compare this 10-K Annual Report to its predecessor by reading our highlights to see what text and tables were
removed , and by Papa Johns International Inc.