Please wait while we load the requested 10-Q report or click the link below:
Onconova Therapeutics, Inc. Reports Business Highlights and Financial Results for First Quarter 2018
NEWTOWN, Pa., May 15, 2018 Onconova Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: ONTX), a Phase 3 stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering and developing novel small molecule drug candidates to treat cancer, with a primary focus on Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS), today provided a corporate update and reported financial results for the first quarter of 2018 ended March 31, 2018.
We have strengthened our balance sheet after completing a $28.75 million upsized underwritten public offering this month. Combined with the funds raised in February, we now have the resources necessary to advance our INSPIRE Phase 3 clinical trial of IV Rigosertib towards complete enrollment, which we expect in the first half of 2019, said Dr. Ramesh Kumar, President and Chief Executive Officer. After enrollment of our expanded Phase 2 combination therapy trial and the advance of our CDK inhibitor preclinical program towards the clinic, we are well-positioned in our quest to serve the unmet needs of cancer patients.
· In May, we strengthened our balance sheet with a $28.75 million upsized underwritten public offering. This financing, combined with the $10.0 million offering completed in February, should permit the Company to advance its late stage programs in MDS to key milestones;
· We executed a licensing agreement with Pint Pharma to commercialize Rigosertib for treatment of Myelodysplastic Syndromes in Latin America;
· We presented promising Phase 2 data from the expansion study of oral Rigosertib and Azacitidine combination in patients with Myelodysplastic Syndromes at the 6th International Bone Marrow Failure Disease Symposium on March 26th;
· We completed the Pre-IND consultation with the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regarding ON 123300, a dual ARK5+CDK4/6 inhibitor, in collaboration with our partner, HanX Biopharmaceuticals. This guidance will help advance our differentiated compound to the clinic;
· We presented data on our first-in-class dual inhibitor of CDK4/6 + ARK5 at the American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting 2018 on April 19th.
First Quarter 2018 Financial Results
Cash and cash equivalents as of March 31, 2018, totaled $7.3 million, compared to $4.0 million as of December 31, 2017. This excludes the proceeds from the financing completed in May 2018, in which the Company raised net proceeds of approximately $25.6 million in a public offering, including the exercise in full of the underwriters over-allotment option. Based on the Companys current projections, Onconova expects that cash and cash equivalents will be sufficient to fund ongoing trials and operations into the fourth quarter of 2019.
Net loss was $5.1 million for the first quarter ended March 31, 2018, compared to $8.3 million for the first quarter ended March 31, 2017, primarily due to a decrease in the fair value of warrant liability, and the recognition of revenue during the quarter from our license and collaborative development agreement with HanX Biopharmaceuticals. Research and development expenses were $4.6 million for the first quarter ended March 31, 2018, and $4.9 million for the comparable period in 2017. General and administrative expenses were $1.9 million for the first quarter ended March 31, 2018, and $2.1 million for comparable period in 2017.
The Company will host a conference call on Tuesday, May 15 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time to provide a corporate update and discuss first quarter 2018 financial results. Interested parties may access the call by dialing toll-free (855) 428-5741 from the US, or (210) 229-8823 internationally and using conference ID: 2573768. The call will also be webcast live. Please click here to access the webcast. A replay will be available at this link until August 15, 2018.
The following information was filed by Onconova Therapeutics, Inc. (ONTX) on Tuesday, May 15, 2018 as an 8K 2.02 statement, which is an earnings press release pertaining to results of operations and financial condition. It may be helpful to assess the quality of management by comparing the information in the press release to the information in the accompanying 10-Q Quarterly Report statement of earnings and operation as management may choose to highlight particular information in the press release.
View differences made from one quarter to another to evaluate Onconova Therapeutics, Inc.'s financial trajectory
Compare this 10-Q Quarterly Report to its predecessor by reading our highlights to see what text and tables were
removed , and by Onconova Therapeutics, Inc..