Please wait while we load the requested 10-K report or click the link below:
MicroVision Announces 2011 Results and 2012 Objectives
Company grows revenue by 19%, reduces cash used in operations by 40% and kicks off 2012 with design sample shipments of next-generation PicoP display engine
REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--February 27, 2012--MicroVision, Inc. (NASDAQ: MVIS), the leader in innovative ultra-miniature projection display technology, today announced its 2011 operating and financial results and key 2012 business objectives.
MicroVision completed all of the key objectives of its 2011 business plan including:
- Advancement of the next-generation HD PicoP® display engine technology based on direct green lasers (PicoP® Gen2) for commercialization in 2012. MicroVision’s PicoP Gen2 display engine will offer multiple advantages including small form factor, lower price, and superior imaging performance.
- Substantially completed the development of key components and subsystems of the PicoP Gen2 display engine, including a new light source module that uses red, blue, and green laser diodes, a new 720p MEMS mirror and accompanying electronics.
- Integrated early samples of direct green lasers from three different manufacturers into the first prototypes of the PicoP Gen2 display engine to validate their performance.
- Unveiled PicoP Gen2 display engine prototypes at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) garnering a ‘CES Product of the Future’ award by Popular Science.
- Began shipments in February 2012 of PicoP Gen2 display engine design samples for customer evaluation.
- Revenue growth of 19% to $5.6 million in 2011 from $4.7 million in 2010.
- Reduction of 40% in cash used in operations to $27.9 million in 2011 compared to $46.2 million for 2010.
The following information was filed by Microvision, Inc. (MVIS) on Monday, February 27, 2012 as an 8K 2.02 statement, which is an earnings press release pertaining to results of operations and financial condition. It may be helpful to assess the quality of management by comparing the information in the press release to the information in the accompanying 10-K Annual Report statement of earnings and operation as management may choose to highlight particular information in the press release.
View differences made from one year to another to evaluate Microvision, Inc.'s financial trajectory
Compare this 10-K Annual Report to its predecessor by reading our highlights to see what text and tables were
removed , and by Microvision, Inc..