Please wait while we load the requested 10-Q report or click the link below:
Multi-Color Corporation Announces EPS of $0.55 and Non-GAAP Core EPS of $0.50 for Q3 FY2019
Announces Ongoing Strategic Alternatives Process to Enhance Shareholder Value
CINCINNATI, OHIO, February 11, 2019 Multi-Color Corporation (NASDAQ: LABL) today announced third quarter fiscal 2019 results.
While fiscal 19 performance remains below expectations, primarily due to lower sales growth and operating inefficiencies in the U.S., we continue to make progress on executing our strategy and see positives for fiscal 20 in terms of new business development, benefits from acquisition synergies, and increased cost savings and productivity, said Nigel Vinecombe, Executive Chairman of Multi-Color Corporation. We expect improvements from accelerated growth initiatives and operating efficiencies in fiscal 20, however these will be offset by a loss of revenues and earnings from a recent major customer contract renewal impacting Q4 fiscal 19 and fiscal 20. As a result, we expect forecast revenues and core EBITDA for fiscal 20 to be similar to fiscal 19. Fiscal 19 core EPS guidance revised to the $3.50 to $3.90 range.
Mr. Vinecombe continued, We also announced today that our Board is exploring strategic alternatives to help ensure that Multi-Color Corporation is best positioned for success going forward. We are committed to taking the necessary actions to create value for our shareholders, while taking into account the interests of our employees, customers and other stakeholders.
Q3 Fiscal 2019 Highlights
Third quarter organic revenues were flat year over year, primarily due to softer beverage volumes (approximately 1% of total revenues) and lost personal care volumes (approximately 1% of total revenues) in the U.S. Fiscal year to date organic revenues were up 2% year over year.
Core gross profit, a non-GAAP financial measure, fell 120 bps for the quarter and 60 bps fiscal year to date, primarily due to lower sales and operating inefficiencies in the U.S.
Core SG&A, a non-GAAP financial measure, fiscal year to date is stable at 8.5% of revenues.
Third Quarter Results
Net revenues increased 13% to $397 million compared to $352.7 million in the prior year quarter. Acquisitions occurring after the beginning of the third quarter of fiscal 2018 accounted for a 16% increase in revenues. Organic revenues were negatively impacted by 1% related to timing of revenue recognition due to the adoption of the new ASC 606 revenue standard on April 1, 2018. The remaining organic revenues were flat due to softer volumes primarily in the U.S., partially offset by strong organic growth in developing markets. Foreign exchange led to a 3% decrease in revenues primarily driven by depreciation of the Euro and the Australian dollar quarter over quarter.
Gross profit increased 14% or $8.1 million compared to the prior year quarter. Core gross profit, a non-GAAP financial measure, increased 5% or $3.1 million compared to the prior year quarter. Acquisitions occurring after the beginning of the third quarter of fiscal 2018 contributed 15% or $9.3 million to core gross profit. Core organic gross profit decreased $4.9 million, net of startup costs of $0.6 million incurred in relation to a new IML facility in North America due primarily to softer volumes and operating inefficiencies in the U.S. Unfavorable foreign exchange decreased gross profit by $1.3 million. Core gross margins, a non-GAAP financial measure, were 16.5% of net revenues for the current year quarter compared to 17.7% in the prior year quarter.
The following information was filed by Multi Color Corp (LABL) on Monday, February 11, 2019 as an 8K 2.02 statement, which is an earnings press release pertaining to results of operations and financial condition. It may be helpful to assess the quality of management by comparing the information in the press release to the information in the accompanying 10-Q Quarterly Report statement of earnings and operation as management may choose to highlight particular information in the press release.
View differences made from one quarter to another to evaluate Multi Color Corp's financial trajectory
Compare this 10-Q Quarterly Report to its predecessor by reading our highlights to see what text and tables were
removed , and by Multi Color Corp.