Please wait while we load the requested 10-K report or click the link below:
Kimco Realty Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Operating Results; Reports a 5.6% Increase in FFO as Adjusted in 2013; Portfolio Metrics Strong with Occupancy Reaching a Five-Year High
NEW HYDE PARK, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--February 5, 2014--Kimco Realty Corp. (NYSE:KIM) today reported results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2013.
Highlights for the Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013:
- Reported funds from operations (FFO) of $0.33 per diluted share for the fourth quarter of 2013 and $1.35 per diluted share for the full year 2013, representing increases of 6.5% and 8.0%, respectively, over the same periods in 2012;
- U.S. same-property net operating income (NOI) increased 4.1% for the fourth quarter and 3.8% for the full year 2013;
- Pro-rata occupancy increased 100 basis points in the U.S. shopping center portfolio to 94.9%, and 70 basis points in the combined shopping center portfolio to 94.5%, compared to the fourth quarter of 2012, representing the highest occupancy levels since the third quarter of 2008;
- Continued to transform consolidated U.S. retail portfolio during 2013: Acquired 18 high-quality retail properties, primarily in the company’s key territories, for a gross price of $348.9 million, while disposing of 23 non-core, wholly owned properties for a gross price of $152.2 million;
- Continued to simplify the business model in 2013 by reducing exposure to Latin America and reducing the number of joint venture properties: Monetized 112 Latin American properties for a gross amount of $1.1 billion; disposed of 12 U.S. retail joint venture properties for a gross sales price of $197.5 million; and purchased five joint venture properties for a total price of $291.4 million; and
- Significantly expanded the redevelopment pipeline in 2013: Increased the overall redevelopment pipeline to a total of 262 projects with a gross cost of approximately $778 million.
Net income available to common shareholders for the fourth quarter of 2013 was $47.0 million, or $0.11 per diluted share, compared to $59.2 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of 2012. Net income available to common shareholders during the fourth quarter of 2013 included $22.0 million of gains on sales of operating properties and $20.7 million of impairments attributable to the sale or pending disposition of operating properties. This compares to $53.9 million of gains on the sales of operating properties and $26.4 million of impairments during the fourth quarter of 2012. Both operating property impairments and gains on sales are excluded from the calculation of FFO.
The following information was filed by Kimco Realty Corp (KIM) on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 as an 8K 2.02 statement, which is an earnings press release pertaining to results of operations and financial condition. It may be helpful to assess the quality of management by comparing the information in the press release to the information in the accompanying 10-K Annual Report statement of earnings and operation as management may choose to highlight particular information in the press release.
View differences made from one year to another to evaluate Kimco Realty Corp's financial trajectory
Compare this 10-K Annual Report to its predecessor by reading our highlights to see what text and tables were
removed , and by Kimco Realty Corp.