Please wait while we load the requested 10-K report or click the link below:
Actuant Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year Fiscal 2012 Results
MILWAUKEE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--September 27, 2012--Actuant Corporation (NYSE: ATU) today announced results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year ended August 31, 2012.
- Fourth quarter diluted earnings per share (“EPS”) of $0.55, an increase of 10% year-over-year. For the full year, EPS increased 24% to $2.08 from $1.68 in the prior year (all periods represent results from continuing operations, excluding special items - see attached reconciliation of earnings.)
- Core sales growth of 3% and 5% for the fourth quarter and full year, respectively (total sales less the impact of acquisitions, divestitures and foreign currency rate changes) with solid growth in three of the four segments.
- Year-over-year operating profit margin expansion (excluding the previously announced impairment charge) of 20 basis points for the fourth quarter and 110 basis points for the full year.
- Cash flow from operations of $53 million for the fourth quarter and a record $182 million for fiscal 2012.
- Completed the acquisition of CrossControl in the fourth quarter, improving the technology positioning of Maxima. Deployed a total of $70 million on three tuck-in acquisitions during fiscal 2012.
- Repurchased 2.7 million common shares in fiscal 2012 for $63 million including 0.9 million shares for $24 million in the fourth quarter.
- Updated full year fiscal 2013 guidance with revised sales and EPS ranges of $1.68-1.72 billion and $2.20-2.30, respectively, excluding the impact of future acquisitions and potential share repurchases.
Robert C. Arzbaecher, Chairman and CEO of Actuant commented, “We closed out fiscal 2012 with fourth quarter results at the high end of our expectations, excluding the impairment charge. As anticipated, core sales growth moderated but was positive in the majority of the portfolio. We successfully converted on this sales growth and achieved a 10% increase in EPS despite the toughest comparables of the year from a foreign currency perspective. Our cash flow was outstanding and helped drive free cash flow to net income conversion in excess of 100% for the 12th consecutive year.”
The following information was filed by Actuant Corp (ATU) on Thursday, September 27, 2012 as an 8K 2.02 statement, which is an earnings press release pertaining to results of operations and financial condition. It may be helpful to assess the quality of management by comparing the information in the press release to the information in the accompanying 10-K Annual Report statement of earnings and operation as management may choose to highlight particular information in the press release.
View differences made from one year to another to evaluate Actuant Corp's financial trajectory
Compare this 10-K Annual Report to its predecessor by reading our highlights to see what text and tables were
removed , and by Actuant Corp.