Please wait while we load the requested 10-K report or click the link below:
Analog Devices Reports Strong Fourth Quarter Results, Achieving Record Revenue and EPS; Full-Year Fiscal 2018 Revenue Surpasses $6 Billion
- Revenues were approximately $1.6 billion for the fourth quarter and approximately $6.2 billion for fiscal 2018
- B2B revenues increased double digits year-over-year in both the fourth quarter and for fiscal year 2018; growth was led by the industrial and communications sectors
- Operating Cash Flow of $2.4 billion and Free Cash Flow of $2.2 billion on a trailing twelve months basis
- $1.53 billion of debt reduction lowering the leverage ratio from 2.6x to 1.9x during fiscal 2018
- Returned $364 million to shareholders in the fourth quarter through dividends and share repurchases
NORWOOD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--November 20, 2018--Analog Devices, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADI), a leading global high-performance analog technology company, today announced financial results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year 2018, which ended November 3, 2018.
“We delivered very strong financial results in our fourth quarter, achieving record revenue and earnings per share to cap off a successful year,” said Vincent Roche, President and CEO. “Revenue growth was once again led by strength in our B2B markets, with particular strength in the industrial and communications sectors. Our portfolio of innovative solutions, customer-centric approach, and disciplined operational execution drove high profitability and strong cash generation, allowing us to return more than $360 million to shareholders in the quarter.”
“Our diverse business model, combined with a comprehensive, market-leading portfolio that is strategically pointed at secular growth trends across our B2B markets, enables us to navigate the current macro climate. I am pleased that we continue to execute exceptionally well thanks in large part to the thousands of talented people across ADI who are dedicated to delivering quality and value for our customers every day.”
The ADI Board of Directors has also declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.48 per outstanding share of common stock. The dividend will be paid on December 10, 2018 to all shareholders of record at the close of business on November 29, 2018.
Supplemental schedules relating to our fourth quarter and fiscal year 2018 financial results are also available on our investor site at investor.analog.com.
Results for the Fourth Quarter of Fiscal Year 2018
- Revenue totaled $1.6 billion, up 2% sequentially and up 4% year-over-year
- GAAP gross margin of 68.5% of revenue; Non-GAAP gross margin of 71.2% of revenue
- GAAP operating margin of 32.2% of revenue; Non-GAAP operating margin of 43.0% of revenue
- GAAP diluted EPS of $1.15; Non-GAAP diluted EPS of $1.55
Results for the Fiscal Year 2018
- Revenue totaled $6.2 billion, up 21% year-over-year on a GAAP basis and 19% on a non-GAAP basis
- GAAP gross margin of 68.3% of revenue; Non-GAAP gross margin of 71.2% of revenue
- GAAP operating margin of 30.3% of revenue; Non-GAAP operating margin of 42.4% of revenue
- GAAP diluted EPS of $3.97; Non-GAAP diluted EPS of $5.94
Please refer to the schedules provided for a summary of revenue and earnings, selected balance sheet information, and the cash flow statement for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2018, as well as the immediately prior and year-ago quarters. Additional information on revenue by end market is provided on Schedule D.
Outlook for the First Quarter of Fiscal Year 2019
The following statements are based on current expectations, and as indicated, are presented on a GAAP and non-GAAP basis. These statements are forward-looking and actual results may differ materially, as a result of, among other things, the important factors discussed at the end of this release. These statements supersede all prior statements regarding our business outlook set forth in prior ADI news releases, and ADI disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
The following information was filed by Analog Devices Inc (ADI) on Tuesday, November 20, 2018 as an 8K 2.02 statement, which is an earnings press release pertaining to results of operations and financial condition. It may be helpful to assess the quality of management by comparing the information in the press release to the information in the accompanying 10-K Annual Report statement of earnings and operation as management may choose to highlight particular information in the press release.
View differences made from one year to another to evaluate Analog Devices Inc's financial trajectory
Compare this 10-K Annual Report to its predecessor by reading our highlights to see what text and tables were
removed , and by Analog Devices Inc.